Monday, February 26, 2018

Devotional: Is God Enough?



"And He was saying to them all, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it."
‭‭Luke‬ ‭9:23-24‬ ‭NASB‬‬

I was going back over my journal on the book of Luke so far and couldn't help but notice how often I had written, "Is God enough for me?"

Can I be happy if God does not give me what I desire?  Is God Himself enough for my happiness even when my desires are not met?  

Am I able to deny myself daily, deny my own selfish desires and my reactions to inconvenience to find what God is trying to teach me in it?  Am I able to stop and remind myself to find the Treasure in the trouble?  

"For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body."
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:6-10‬ ‭NASB‬‬

--
Join My Weekly Devotional List
mliddings@gmail.com

Bridal Shower Devotional Talk Resource eBook
http://middings.blogspot.com/p/bridal-shower-devotional-resource-book.html

No comments: