Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Devotional: Will He Find Faith on the Earth?



"I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?""
‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:8‬ ‭NASB‬‬

Luke 18:1-8 is a parable about a woman who was begging a judge for legal protection.  The judge was unwilling but she continued to bother him until he finally relented and gave her protection.

Jesus argues from the lesser to the greater.  Basically, He says if an unrighteousness judge will grudgingly grant the widow's request because of her constant begging, how much more will God bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night?

Verse 8 ends with a question.  "However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"

Will we still have faith in the fact that God will give justice to His elect and live according to it?  Will He find us living in accordance with this fact when He comes again or will we be living as practical atheists like the people described in Luke 17:22-37?  Those were the people who were not ready when Christ returned.

Will we be so caught up in day to day living and materialism that when He comes we are caught off guard and unprepared?

Is my personal comfort more important to me than the kingdom of God?  How does my reaction to having to spend the night recently in the Salt Lake Airport show my level of attachment to my personal comfort.  Did God find faith in me that night?  How could I have better used my time there?  What opportunities did I miss to be a light for Christ? How can I do better next time my convenience is interrupted?  

Practicing our faith in times of inconvenience helps prepare us to be living in faith when He returns so He will find faith on the earth when He comes.  God will bring justice for all His elect when He comes. Knowing that should make enduring some hardship here easier.


--
Join My Weekly Devotional List
mliddings@gmail.com

Bridal Shower Devotional Talk Resource eBook
http://middings.blogspot.com/p/bridal-shower-devotional-resource-book.html

No comments: