Monday, July 10, 2017

Devotional: Facing the Right Direction



“Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

As a clerical employee for the Department of Licensing, it fell to me to take the photos for the driver's licenses and I.D. cards.  Most of you are probably familiar with the set up.  The blue screen, the line with the shoe print outlines on the floor and the camera.  You are supposed to stand with toes in the shoe prints on the line, facing the camera.  

The licensing examiner instructed the man to go stand on the line so I could take his picture.  I was surprised when I looked up to see the back of the gentleman.  Yes, he was standing on the line alright, but he had his back to the camera.  

"Um, sir, I need you to turn around and face the camera.  I don't think you want the back of your head  on your license", I said with a smile.

How often are we facing the wrong way in our lives?  Paul says we are to forget those things that are in the past and reach forward to what lies ahead.  We can't reach forward if we are facing backward, looking at all our failures and the things we wish we had done or not done.  This verse is powerful for helping us to stay focused and not get discouraged.  

Let's face the right direction and reach for what God has for us in the future!

____________________




No comments: