Monday, July 17, 2017

Devotional: Eager to Obey



“Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

We had a lot of people who did not speak English that came into the Department of Licensing to get driver's licenses and identification cards.  One such man came to me to have his picture taken for his ID card.  When I was finished, I told him to sit down. My intention was for him to sit in a chair in the waiting area.  With the language barrier, he took me literally.  All the sudden I was straining over the counter to see him sitting on the floor!  Using hand motions, I was able to get it across to him that he needed to sit in a chair in the waiting area instead of on the floor.  He was clearly eager to obey orders.

Paul is encouraging his readers to obey God not only when he was with them, but to continue obeying God even when he was away from them.  He wants his readers to be eager to obey God at all times.

When you read your Bible today, find something that God wants you to do and be eager to obey Him.

__________________




No comments: