Wednesday, April 05, 2017

April 5, 2017 10:30am

I woke up at the ridiculous hour of 4:30 am today.  I didn't want to take a sleep aid to go back to sleep.  Those cause me to have bad nosebleeds and make me so groggy I can't get going in the morning.  So I skipped it and laid awake for about an hour and a half.  Finally fell back to sleep around 6 am.

Rick made it to work this morning!  I hope he has a decent day.

Sarah has the day off.  She had yesterday off too.

Last night I had starred the items I wanted to do today on my list.  I even took the extra time to add them to my calendar for specific times.  It has helped motivate me to get up and get going.  I have done my PT exercises for my shoulder, walked the treadmill, cleaned my desk off, cleaned the computer table off, cleaned up a spilled waste basket, dumped some trash, shredded papers, thawed meat for lunch, fed the dog, checked on the laundry, the dishwasher and now I am taking a break.

When my break is over I will make chicken and rice casserole.

This afternoon I plan to go play Skip-bo with my 95-year-old friend and another friend from church.

I hope this evening to put up new blinds in Nathaniel's room.  I am holding my breath that they will fit properly because there are no returns allowed on these.

I read and copied Luke 3:15-17
15 Now while the people were in a state of expectation and all were [a]wondering in their hearts about John, as to whether he was [b]the Christ, 16 John answered and said to them all, “As for me, I baptize you with water; but One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to untie the thong of His sandals; He will baptize you [c]with the Holy Spirit and fire. 17 His winnowing fork is in His hand to thoroughly clear His threshing floor, and to gather the wheat into His barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

The phrase that stands out to me is "He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

It reminds of these verses in 1 Corinthians 3:10-15
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it. But each man must be careful how he builds on it. 11 For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, [d]precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each man’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test [e]the quality of each man’s work. 14 If any man’s work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. 15 If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

9:50 pm
I enjoyed Skip-bo this afternoon with my lady friends, Helen and Esther.

This evening we ate left overs. I did the dishes, played some Upwords with my iPad Mini and then enjoyed a video concert for about an hour by Wintergatan.  It's a composer, and music instrument builder who also does concerts.  He uses interesting instruments in his concerts, like a typewriter, a homemade music box, some kind of homemade electronic instrument that has all kinds of wires coming out of it and others. Very unique.  He plays everything from soft relaxing music to hard rock.

Now I am heading for bed....I'm tired.

No comments: