Friday, December 30, 2016

Musings from Marsha on Being Sick



So, hey, I've been sick for three days now.  You know, the sinus gunk, sore throat, no energy sort of stuff.  It's pretty well put me off my game.  So what's to do when you don't feel like doing anything active but drink tea and pee?

Well, it occurs to me that I have a number of things that are quiet sit down things that I can do so I can still feel like I have accomplished something of value in my day.  Here is a short list of things to get your creative juices running in case you find yourself in a similar circumstance.


  • Write down all your passwords for websites that are important to you in a little book that you will keep in an out of the way place.  You never know when your electronic device might get lost or fall in the toilet and there goes all your passwords in the password vault down the toilet!
  • Make up a week's worth of menus
  • Watch some of those Youtube Videos you have been meaning to watch and never get time for
  • Read books you have wanted to read but don't usually have time for, or if on Kindle and you own an Echo Dot, have Alexa read to you.
  • Spend some time reading those magazine subscriptions that are stacking up
  • Roll your toy breed dog up in a blanket on your lap and file his/her toe nails or just cuddle the dog...that is less energy.
  • Type a blog post
  • Stalk your friends on Facebook
  • Watch the live eagle camera and wait for the baby eagles to hatch
  • Shred junk mail
You get the idea.... so if you are sick today or this week....not to despair, your life can still be a little "active" in spite of feeling like a truck ran over you.

No comments: