Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Marsha's Musings: Weights and Sin (Hebrews 12:1, 2 NKJV)

Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1, 2 NKJV)

Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us.  I have been struggling a lot lately in this area. I get so upset with myself because I fail so much. I've been troubled by my attitudes and how I so quickly say things in anger and frustration.  Just when I have resolved to do better something is said or done and the next thing I know I've spewed out something I regret. 

How do I lay aside these weights and sin that ensnare me?  Look to Jesus and remember the cloud of witnesses watching!  I want to remember this next time I'm tempted to snipe at my husband, a family member or another driver on the road.  Can I think to look past them and see the faces of Jesus and all the saints that have gone on before cheering me on to do the right thing?

No comments: