Thursday, May 29, 2014

Marsha's Musings: Consider Him! (Hebrews 12:3-6 NKJV)

For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin. And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: “My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.” (Hebrews 12:3-6 NKJV)

Consider Him.  How often do I get so focused on my own problems, and go sit on my pity pot to gripe and complain about how hard I have it?  Consider Him. 

He chastens and rebukes those whom He loves.  Are not these hardships and problems just instruments in His hand to bring those attitudes of the heart to the surface so He can show them to me?   This is proof that I am one of His children.  He only rebukes those whom He loves and are His.  Consider Him! Consider His purpose in what He allows!

No comments: