Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Marsha's Musings: Glorify God Now, Each Day Before You Die (Hebrews 11:21 NKJV)

By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, and worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff. (Hebrews 11:21 NKJV)

I always find it interesting to hear what people say or do when they know death is near.  Some are silent.  Some cry out in fear. Some say they see heaven.  Others laugh and joke with friends. There are many responses to eminent death.  Jacob's response was to bless each of his grand sons and to worship God.

How do you want your family to remember you on your death bed?  I really hope that when it is my turn, my responses will glorify God and encourage those around me.

Actually, since we all know that death can happen at any time, perhaps we should think about our responses now.  Maybe we should act in a way each day that would glorify God should He decide to take us home sooner than we think.

No comments: