Monday, January 27, 2014

Marsha's Musings: Taking Credit Where God Should Get the Glory (Titus 3:4-7 KJV)

But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. (Titus 3:4-7 KJV)

This is the whole reason why we should be different than other people.  We are not saved through the works of righteousness or another words the works of the law.  We do not keep the law as a way to eternal life, but we keep the law as a way of life because of what Christ did for us.  We will see that in the next few verses.  

Our salvation is all of mercy and grace.  There is nothing we did or could do to merit salvation.  It is all of God and yet, I used to brag about the fact that I made a decision to let God come into my life and I gave Him my heart.  As if He had to have my permission to do anything.

No.  In reality, God changed my heart and caused me to come to Him.  He did the work of drawing me to Him so I was willing to come and He did the work of saving me, a work that I did not deserve or merit.  And now, should I presume to take credit for "making a decision to come to Him and letting Him in to my heart"?  Forgive me, Lord, for taking credit where the glory belonged to You.

No comments: