Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Marsha's Musings: Some Things to Praise God For

My Quiet Time:

 I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who in his testimony before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, to keep the commandment unstained and free from reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen. (1 Timothy 6:13-16 ESV)

There is a lot here.  I don't know that I can absorb all this in one sitting!

My observations:

1. We exist and have life because of God.  
2. Jesus made a good confession before Pilate:  
John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. 
37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. 
3. We are commanded to do some things.
    a. Keep the commandment unstained and free from reproach until the 
         appearing of our Lord Jesus
         This brings up another question.  What is "the commandment"?  
John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
4. At first glance I wasn't sure who was revealing what in this passage.  But after reading it again, it looks like God the Father will reveal Jesus Christ at the proper time. This brings me comfort as I see all the awful things going on in our government and nation.  I know that God will only let it all go so far before He will reveal Jesus to return for the second time to gather his sheep from the earth. That's not to say it won't get quite bad and we won't have to deal with persecution, even martyrdom, but God knows what He is doing and His plan is perfect no matter what.

5. Here are some attributes of our great God!
    a. Blessed
    b. Only Sovereign
    c. King of Kings
    d. Lord of Lords
    e. Who alone has immortality
    f.  Dwells in unapproachable light
   g. No one has ever seen or can see
   
6. He is due honor and eternal dominion!

No comments: