Monday, October 14, 2013

Marsha's Musings: Fleeing and Pursuing

My Quiet Time: 

But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. (1 Timothy 6:11, 12 ESV)

What am I supposed to flee?  Looking back at the early verses in this chapter, I am supposed to flee those who teach something other than the doctrine that Paul taught...the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Also I am to flee the greed for riches.

What am I supposed to do instead?  I'm supposed to pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, and gentleness.  I'm also supposed to fight the good fight of the faith.

I find it interesting that we are supposed to "fight" the "good fight" of faith.  How are we supposed to fight?  Our weapons are described in Ephesians 6.  

No comments: