Thursday, October 10, 2013

How Can I Manage My Time So It Doesn't Manage Me?

It is 6:40am and I have been awake since 3:00 this morning.  Yawn.

We have company coming this afternoon, so I hope I can keep going. The verse that popped up on my iPod this moring is appropriate.

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28 NKJV)

I think I have too much on my plate and it is finally taking its toll.  Yes, I am taking a bone head English class right now, trying to figure out what to do about Nathaniel's math since Khan Academy ruined what they had going for us when we moved into geometry.  I just finished a gruely week of study and a 10 hour test between Sunday-Tuesday and still do not know if I passed.  If I did I will be able to work 10 hours a week online at home at $13.50 per hour.  Trying to think how I will fit that in.

Sewing Co-op for Nathaniel started last week and continues for 6 or 8 weeks every Friday and probably during the week too once the project gets started. I'm doing driver's ed with Nathaniel too each day.  I transport Nathaniel to Lewiston for youth group every Wednesday night and for lawn mowing each Friday and sometimes Saturday too.  And I make family meals twice a day...on schedule. My husband comes home each day for lunch.

There are many other things on my plate that I won't mention here and my to-do list is a mile long.  Yep, I seriously need some of that rest talked about in that verse!

Goodness!  I need to find some balance in life, but I just don't know how when there are so many things needing my time and attention! The old adage, "A mother's work is never done", is so true.  

How can I find balance in life?  That is the big question right now. How can I arrange my schedule and manage my time so that all the things that demand my attention are not managing me?  If anyone has some ideas, I'll gladly hear them.

No comments: