Saturday, October 15, 2011

Night unto Night Reveals Knowledge

I just read Psalm 19.  I had to chuckle because it talks about night again and I have been up for almost an hour. Got up at 2am.


Psalm 19:1  The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork.
 2 Day unto day utters speech, And night unto night reveals knowledge.
 3 There is no speech nor language Where their voice is not heard.
This reminds me of something in Romans....

Ro 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 
  21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Man is without excuse before God.  He can not claim he didn't know there was a God because creation shouts it in the day time and the night time shows His knowledge.

For me, that is literally true.  It seems the night time hours have been when God shows me His knowledge as I spend time with him in his Word in the wee hours of morning.

Psalm 19:12 Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults.
 13 Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, And I shall be innocent of great transgression.
 14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.

No comments: