Sunday, October 16, 2011

Burning the Mid-Night Oil

Well, not actually the midnight oil, I'm burning the 3am oil....here is the Psalm that stood out to me tonight:

Psalm 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.
In our day, some trust in themselves, others in doctors, some in education, science and the list goes on and on.  That is not to say that these things do not have their proper places in our lives.  For instance, sometimes we need to see a doctor or we need to get some education etc.  But these things should not take the place of God's authority and direction in our lives.

Many get it upside down and they trust in these things more than they trust in God or maybe even to the exclusion of God in their lives.  This is happening in our nation as it pushes God out of everything. We are becoming a nation devoid of God, trusting in our own might and knowledge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a very good point that you've made here, plus I thank you for sharing God's Word . . . as well!

I've talked to some people that don't believe in God, and have said to me that once they die, that's it, and that there is no place that their going to go after that.

I'm sure glad I'm not one of these individuals that thinks this way!!!

Plus I'm sure thankful that I returned to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, because now I know where I'm going to be going!!! And I sure praise my Christ Jesus for this!!!