Friday, October 14, 2011

The Darkness

It is 4:30am.  I got up at 4.  Hoping for some more sleep before I have to begin my day as it will be a busy day. I've spent some time in Psalm 18 since I woke up.  There are several verses that I like from this.

v.11  He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
Darkness and night seem to be the themes that keep coming up in my reading and since I keep waking in the night, this has significance to me.   I do feel as if I have been coming into His secret place in these dark quiet hours of the night....all is quiet and free from the distractions of the daytime activities.  It's just me and Him.

v18 For thous wilt light my candle; the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.
In a spiritual sense He has been enlightening my darkness in these night time hours....I had felt like I was spiritually dry and He is using this time to light my spiritual candle.

v30 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried; he is a buckler to all those that trust in Him.
Waking up in the middle of the night every night isn't my idea of perfect, but God's way is perfect.  It has been His way to bring me into a closer fellowship with Him and even if it isn't my idea of perfect due to lack of sleep, it is perfect because it is accomplishing the purpose He wants in my life and that would be sanctification.

No comments: