Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bible Reading/Thoughts

I love how the Psalms (almost) always begin with depression, sorrow, lamenting over evil etc. but by the end of each Psalm the tone turns to praise and thanksgiving.

So often my feelings are of melancholy of the same sort.  I identify with the negativity and questioning of God in the opening of most of the Psalms and so it is good to have this example of turning the heart and mind toward praise and thanksgiving.

Psalm 13:5 But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.

God has been merciful to me. He has saved my soul from destruction.

Psalm 13:6 I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

With all that is wrong in the world and my life~I have so much to be thankful for!!!  He HAS dealt bountifully with me.  If I go what I deserved I would be in a whole world of hurt.  But God has mercifully not given me what I deserve. I have so much to be thankful for in Him!  So many blessings in the heavenly places that He is preparing for me.

No comments: