Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Night Hours

I've been awake since 2am. It is now 4:30am.  I decided what is the point of laying in bed if I can't sleep?  So I decided to read my Bible.  Here is what I read:

Psalm 14:7 I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
in the night also my heart instructs me.
8 I have set the Lord always before me;
because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.

In the night also, my heart instructs me. What does this mean?  I read elsewhere that the heart is deceitful and desperately wicked. The key to this verse is the first line....the Lord gives me counsel.  It is the Lord as He speaks to my heart through His Word and thus "my heart instructs me".

So here it is the wee hours of the morning or late at night, whatever you want to call it, and my heart through God's Word is instructing me.

Oh, Lord, please help to go back to sleep. I can't manage on so little....but thank you for giving me instruction in the night time hours.

No comments: