Saturday, September 10, 2011

Marsha's Musings: Has Anything Changed for Me Since 9/11?

In rereading my journal for that day I wonder if anything has changed for me.  I wrote:

 "The ordinary things of life. So easy to be lazy and undisciplined in the ordinary household duties of life.  No wonder I feel I struggle when it comes to Christian disciplines....
As I look at where I am at right now in the ordinary things of life, I am ashamed to admit. Very little has changed.  I am still lazy and undisciplined in the ordinary household duties of life.  I guess I go in fits and spurts.  Sometimes I am well disciplined and other times I am lazy.

In the area of Christian disciplines, I find it easier to read my Bible each day, but setting aside time for concentrated prayer is a struggle and it doesn't happen often.  I pray short prayers through my day as things come up that need prayer.  I could use improvement in my prayer life for sure.


The big crises~Rick just told me our country has been attacked! The Pentegon has been bombed. World Trade Center attacked and almost knocked down (the buildings had not collapsed yet) by 3 airplaines crashing into it. All our government has been shut down. 
The big crises is hitting close to home! Help our nation Lord! It's uncertain times. Protect us~please!"

In the years since 9/11/2001 I have learned to trust God more.  I have learned that He is in control no matter what is going on in my world. I have learned that whatever happens will ultimately be for my spiritual good. I have learned that even though the specific events were not predicted in the Bible, these events in general are and so I can take comfort in the fact that Jesus warned me these evils would happen and therefore gives credibility to my trust in Him.  Jesus even predicted Jihad. 


John 16:1  "These things I have spoken to you, that you should not be made to stumble.
 2 "They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service.
 3 "And these things they will do to you because they have not known the Father nor Me.
 4 "But these things I have told you, that when the time comes, you may remember that I told you of them.
 I have also learned that I am as big a sinner as those who died in the Twin Towers.  They were no worse than me and I am no worse than them. We are all sinners alike who need to repent.

 Luke 13:4-5 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

So, has anything changed for me since 9/11/2001?  I have to say yes and no.  In some areas I still struggle a lot. In other areas I've changed in my attitudes and matured a little in my faith.  I'm still a sinner saved by grace alone by faith alone.

No comments: