Saturday, September 10, 2011

Devotional: 9/11 Thoughts & Memories

 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
(NKJV)

On that fateful day of 9/11/2001 I had just finished reading from My Upmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. He was talking about how we need to be faithful in the common place things of life, but we "get played out in the first ten yards, because God compels us to go where we cannot see the way, and we say---"I will wait till I get nearer the big crises." If we do not do the running steadily in the little ways, we shall do nothing in the crises."

Here is my journal entry for 9/11:
 "The ordinary things of life. So easy to be lazy and undisciplined in the ordinary household duties of life.  No wonder I feel I struggle when it comes to Christian disciplines.
 The big crises~Rick just told me our country has been attacked! The Pentegon has been bombed. World Trade Center attacked and almost knocked down (the buildings had not collapsed yet) by 3 airplaines crashing into it. All our government has been shut down. 
The big crises is hitting close to home! Help our nation Lord! It's uncertain times. Protect us~please!"

As we come upon the anniversary of that day, there is a fear in the back of my mind that something terrible will happen.  The verse above keeps coming to mind.  If God has not given me the spirit of fear, who has? Clearly the Devil and his minnions use fear to intimidate and bully God's people around.

God is in control even when we can't seem to wrap our minds around it.

 Daniel 4:35 All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; He does according to His will in the army of heaven And among the inhabitants of the earth. No one can restrain His hand Or say to Him, "What have You done?"

So be still and know that He is God (Psalm 46:10)

No comments: