Friday, September 09, 2011

Journal: Grocery/School Records Day

It was another very warm day today. We thought Fall had begun last week when it was cold in the mornings, but Mother Nature has fooled us yet again. It's been very warm in the 90 to 99 degree range this week.

It's very smokey in the valley due to a big wildfire near Winchester. Too bad it had to burn down a historic railroad trestle that we always enjoyed seeing on our way to go camping up there.

My day started with a headache at 4:30am. I got something to drink and took 1/4 of a sleeping pill and slept it off. I've felt good the rest of the day.

I went grocery shopping this morning. Spent a bundle on groceries.

This afternoon I took S for her driving practice. She drove to the fair grounds and then back across the river to the post office and home.

I mailed off a package. I put a Nerf Target game up for auction on Listia.com and it went for 3322 credits. That will give me something to be able to bid on other auctions. Maybe I can get some Christmas presents for a small price in money this way. It's an interesting website where you don't use money to bid you use credits. The only money involved is postage to mail or receive the items and that is even optional, depending on which auctions you bid on or if you choose to charge shipping or pay for it yourself.

Now my basement is a mess again with groceries strewn about. That will be my project tomorrow.

Rick had a new mattress delivered tonight. He hopes that will afford him a good night's sleep. I hope so too!

I spent the rest of this afternoon working on school grading and record keeping.

The kids are at a football game tonight and should be home sometime after 10pm.

No comments: