Thursday, September 08, 2011

Journal:Dinner for a friend, Paperwork

This was a school day, so I have some work to do. I need to grade English and Math and record it in my Home School Tracker program. Right now N is just reading for history and science.

Today they had a 13 hour sale at R.... I was able to get a lot of gluten free cereal and 2 gal of milk real cheap. I also went to G.O. and got quite a few things I needed there for a lot less than usual.

I worked on my menus/shopping list for my regular Friday shopping trip today. I got smart and set up a document on my pocket PC with my list divided up according to store. I can cross off things as I get them or delete them if I want. Items I get every week I can just cross off and then later uncross them off but not have to retype them every week. Why didn't I think of this a long time ago??? I guess I got a stormy brain this afternoon.

S tutored this afternoon. She is tutoring a girl in photography, photo editing etc. She gets paid $10 an hour.

While S tutored I made dinner for us and another family. We have a family at church that recently had a baby. So I was making a meal for them tonight.

S drove us to deliver the meal. I drove us back home.

It's been real smokey in the valley. There's a big fire by W... that got out of control. It burned a historical railroad trestle. That is disappointing. We always have enjoyed seeing it when we went there to go camping. Now it won't be there anymore. :-(

We thought we had Fall last week because it was so cold in the mornings, but now we are back to summer. It was 99 degrees today!

I didn't get as much done today on my house cleaning/decluttering. But this is my paperwork day, so that is what got done today.

No comments: