Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Journal: Coat Closet Discoveries

Today we had school at home. Math continues to be the challenge. Actually, N isn't doing as bad as he thinks. He gets a lot of problems right when we go over them and most of the ones he gets wrong he is able to see where he made his mistake. He gets frustrated about all the rules in math. He tries to make up his own rules and we go round and round about that. He says that's not his truth, that's their (curriculum writers) truth. Then we "argue" over who's truth is better until we start laughing and Sarah has to come down and see what is so funny. We have fun making fun of today's philosophy that what works for you is your truth and what works for me is my truth.

S had a social outing today. She spent lunch and part of the afternoon with D and A at her house playing Wii and watching You Tube Videos that she posted from camp.

I picked her up around 3:20 and she drove to the library and her and N volunteered for a while. I went home and came back less than an hour later to get them. S drove home.

She drove where ever we had to go today. I am seeing steady improvement in her driving skills. She still gets a little flustered when there are too many options presented.

I cleaned out my coat closet today. No wonder we couldn't fit things in there! We between jackets, and snow suits a total of 34! I pulled it all out and laid it in stacks according to who they belonged to and had them weed them out. We have quite a pile to give away now. Now I still need to put everything (not everything!) back in the closet in a more organized fashion.

I also cleaned the cobwebs and dirt off the front porch today. I do feel good about the few things I am getting done these days. Week before last I loaded the trunk and went to the 2nd hand store. I'm glad we are weeding things out.

It's getting dark sooner and N took off for a walk to D's house around 7pm. He forgot the cell phone and was wearing dark clothes. It was getting pretty dusk so I got in the car and found him half way home. I could barely see him. I was glad to have him get in the car! We had to make rule: No walks after 7pm now. It bummed him out because he says it's to hot to walk earlier. Oh well. Seasons change.

No comments: