Monday, September 12, 2011

Journal Entry for the Day after 9/11/2001

I have been in tears off and on all day as I listen to the news in the aftermath of the attack on our nation yesterday. It's not so much that I am weak in my faith and afraid. I know God is in control ultimately. It's just that I don't know what to feel. I feel almost numb. I cry, but it's for different reasons. My emotions change so quickly, one minute it's awe for the fact that it's only by God's mercy we aren't all wiped out, then next it's grief for those who died and those who lost them, then it switches to anger and outrage and then my emotions swing over to being at peace knowing if I died where I will be with my Lord.

My emotions are so mixed up. All I can do is trust in God's Sovereignty~knowing He will be with me no matter what happens. He understands what I'm going through.

No comments: