Monday, September 12, 2011

Journal Entry Morning of Sept. 12, 2011

It's been a couple of days since my last entry. We had a good Sunday yesterday. The sermon was about focusing on our eternal realities and Christ in order to maintain our joy. We can't have lasting joy in things and circumstances. Our perspective is important to maintaining our joy.
The text was John 16:16 and following.

Saturday was a good day to stay at home. We didn't have to go anywhere if we didn't want to. I like those kinds of days. S and I did go out to the fabric store. It was very quiet, laid back day. I like those kinds of days.

I'm attempting to limit my computer time. I tried leaving my pages up all day and just checking things periodically but I kept getting tempted to sit down and before I knew it I had frittered away an hour or more. So I have set my computer monitoring program to shut me out of all my programs after I have been on for an hour and enforcing a break of at least 30 minutes before I can do anything again. We'll see how that works. If I find myself running back every 30 minutes then I'll lengthen the enforced break where I can't access anything.

I hope to accomplish a lot today.

No comments: