Monday, September 12, 2011

Journal Entry Sept. 12, 2011 Evening

I got quite a bit done today. Cleaned up the mess of groceries from the basement.Cleaned my kitchen some. Spent some time on the home school email. Helped N with his math & learned some new math concepts too. Added a post to my blog. Mailed a package. Took the kids up to Z's house to swim this afternoon. Rick and I went up later and had dinner with them and watched a movie afterwards. It has been a very good day for accomplishments and spending time with friends.

I'm tired and ready to hit the hay. I'm anxious to close my tired eyes. They are burning from the wildfire smoke tonight. Nasty stuff. At Z's house we were above the valley looking down and the smoke is just thick all over the valley. It look s far worse from up there than it does down here when we are in it. Ugh.

A friend at church said he was reading a book that said the small judgments we have (wild fire smoke) are just a taste of the bigger judgments to come. We can give thanks for our salvation, that God will save us from the ultimate judgement and we should let these smaller judgments remind us to share the gospel with those who are headed toward the bigger judgment.

No comments: