Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Journal Entry for Sept. 14, 2011 Feeling Accomplished

I'm feeling accomplished today. I learned some new math concepts with N today, things that either I never learned in school or I have simply forgotten. Like what it means to cube a number and being able to figure out where and how they got the answer for certain other problems that had us bugged.

I also cleaned out one of my kitchen cupboards and organized it. Now I have a pile of papers that I found in there that I need to most likely shred because I'm sure they are older than the hills and no longer needed.

Baked potatoes for lunch...Rick's boss is in town, so he won't be home for lunch.

There is something about shredding documents that gives me a feeling of pleasure. I just love shredding papers.

S and N went to the library to volunteer this afternoon then their friend picked them up and they first went to his house where his mom gave S some pointers on job interviews. Then they all went ice skating. After ice skating their friend's mom took S to Ross' Dress for Less and helped S pick out a new outfit for her interview. She bought it for her! How thoughtful!

I went to Ross' earlier after I left the kids at the library and bought a flame-less candle with a timer. They sell the same thing exactly on Amazon.com for $19.99 and I got one for $9.99. My friend had one and told me where she got it. I loved it, so I bought one for the mantle.

I did a little research looking for ways to use the huckleberries S brought home from huckleberry picking with her friend and his family. I think I want to try the gluten free huckleberry scones. Actually the recipe is for currant scones but I bet huckleberries will work out great.

Spent about half an hour listening to and reading along in the book I have been reading on the life of Elizabeth Prentiss. It is a very long book, but I have really been enjoying it.

We had a good laugh at DJ this evening. He was chasing a fly. He looked like a crazy dog running from one part of the room to the other all wild eyed, ears twitching and turning this way and that and periodically jumping into the air to snap at it.

Tomorrow is the big day for S's interview with SEL. I also have organized a tour of SEL for the home school group. Seems we have more adults for this tour than students, but that's ok. It should be a busy but fun afternoon.

Was reading in the Old Testament how when Balaam cursed the Israelites God turned the curse into a blessing and was thinking about times in my life when bad things have happened and God has turned them for good, exchanging a "curse" and turning it into a blessing. Has he done that for you?

No comments: