Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Quiet Time Reflections for Today: A Willing Mind

1Ch 28:9 And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.

1Ch 29:5 The gold for things of gold, and the silver for things of silver, and for all manner of work to be made by the hands of artificers. And who then is willing to consecrate his service this day unto the LORD?

1Ch 29:9 Then the people rejoiced, for that they offered willingly, because with perfect heart they offered willingly to the LORD: and David the king also rejoiced with great joy.

The last couple days I've been in 1 Chronicles 28-29. I've noticed that having a willing mind or being willing to offer service to the Lord is mentioned several times as you can see in the verses above.

That phrase, a willing mind kind of stuck out at me. It's an attitude of heart. In thinking about the changes in my life that are taking place presently, I see that I must have a willing heart to accept what God is doing. I must be willing to let go of those that God is moving away from me. I must be willing to accept a new physical therapist to take the place of the one moving away.
There are so many more areas of my life that I need to learn to have a willing mind to obey God's directive in my life and accept His providence.

Whenever I find myself falling into self pity or worrying about what the future will be like without the people or things God takes away from me, then I am not having a willing mind. It's an attitude of heart that I need to develop. It encompasses being content with God's wisdom and providence in my life. It's a quality of not getting ruffled and upset, but willing to accept from His hand what He deems best for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am currently reading about Solomon in I Kings! Solomon sought God, but in some instances messed up. Yet, God's word speaks of Solomon as a man of wisdom. Solomon was willing to give up all for that one thing, and he got more than he thought in the end.

May we search God's word for wisdom and have the willing spirit to OBEY it and not fret about things but accept them as gifts from a Father who wants His best for our lives.