Saturday, October 17, 2009

Devotional: God Has a Plan

God Has a Plan
by Marsha Iddings

Psalm 138:8 The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. (KJV)

The NIV renders this verse like this:
"The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever-- do not abandon the works of your hands." (NIV)

God has a purpose for me and you and the Bible says that He will perfect or fulfill it. Consider the following verses:

"For I know the thoughts (plans) that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." (Jeremiah 29:11)

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: (Philippians 1:6)

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. (Philippians 2:13)

It is comforting to me in these uncertain days, to know that God has a specific plan and purpose for my life. Nothing is going to thwart His purposes for me. Death will not take me one hour sooner than what He has planned for me. Our government leaders may move in a direction that takes away my freedoms but this will not derail God's plan and purpose for my life. I may not know exactly what His plan and purpose is and it may include hard times, but I can be confident that even in this, He will continue the good work He has started in my heart and life until He decides He is finished and takes me home to be with Him. God is in control and He is on the throne! Take heart and be encouraged!

No comments: