Sunday, October 18, 2009

Quiet Time Reflections for Today~Oct 18

Ps 146:1 ¶ Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.
What do I have to praise the Lord for today? This is a command.

2 While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
This is a goal I should strive for. I ought to post this on my wall.

3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
There is no real help in man unless God gives man the ability to help us. Rescue workers can do all they are trained to do, but their help is to no avail unless God sees fit to make their work effective. Teachers can teach, but unless God provides them the ability and the students ability to learn, it does no good. Doctors can help us only if God grants them wisdom and means and the patient healing.

Ps 146:5 ¶ Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:

No comments: