Friday, May 22, 2009

I Should Have Seen It Coming...

...the pain is back.  I have had the blessing of many days without major pain.  Oh, I've had the occasional pain attack in my bunion toe, and the sore muscles in my neck and shoulders.  I've had aches and pains here and there but nothing that really impacts my day.  

But I should have seen the kind of pain that impacts my day and my night coming.  On the Facebook I am a fan of the Bible and each day scriptures and thoughts for the day are posted.  So here are two of them that stood out to me this week:


Rejoice in the Difficult Times TODAY'S SCRIPTURE Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance. Perseverance, character; and character, hope...




The Sacrifice of Praise TODAY'S SCRIPTURE "Through Him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name"...

Rejoicing in difficult times and offering the sacrifice of praise up to God constantly and at all times...the difficult times, the suffering times too.  At the time I read these, I wasn't in any great pain...but I think they were just preparing me for it.  Can I rejoice knowing that suffering produces perseverance and perseverance, hope?  Can I offer up the sacrifice of praise constantly and at all times in spite of pain that impacts my day?


No comments: