Monday, August 11, 2008

Marsha's Musings: My Plans vs God's Plans...OUCH!

Well, I had my August all planned out. I was going to catch up on straightening my basement and getting everything organized. I was going to pitch a bunch of stuff, haul a bunch of stuff to Good Will and generally do a thorough cleaning up around here and decluttering.

Apparently, God has different plans.

Proverbs 19:21 There are many plans in a man's heart, Nevertheless the
LORD'S counsel-that will stand.


Saturday evening I tripped over my daughter's roller blades, hooking my little toe in where the wheels are housed. The roller blades didn't give but my toe sure did. When I got up Sunday morning I couldn't bear any weight at all on it. So went to the ER and had x-rays taken. It's not broken but it sure is sprained badly.

I talked to my physical therapist's wife yesterday and had her ask her husband if he still had a pair of crutches laying around his office that I might borrow. He did and I planned to pick them up first thing this morning. About two hours later, he called me and said he was out doing some errands and would drop by the office and get them and bring them to me. So he came by, adjusted them for my height and taught me how to use them correctly. Awfully nice of him to make a "house call" like that on a Sunday.

However, he burst my bubble. I thought if I had crutches and could keep the weight off the sore foot that in about a week I'd be good as new. No such luck. He said it will be six to eight weeks healing time. :-(

I guess I'll do more paperwork and reading than cleaning and organizing now. Guess the Lord has other plans for me.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Six weeks! I guess it will be more preapring for homeschool than organizing house. I'm sure God has a plan in all of this. :)