Sunday, February 03, 2019

Seeing Things With A Different Perspective

Photo Credit: Marcia Darby


When I saw the top picture in my news feed on Facebook I was struck by how beautiful it was.  The bridge is the focal point, but the sunset is what sets it off and makes it a stunning picture of the bridge. 

Take a look at the same bridge from a different angle without the sunset.  It's really nothing to get excited about.  It's rather drab and frankly quite ugly.

Think about your life and the trials you might have.  Those trials are ugly when looked at from the earthly perspective that focuses on self.  But take those same trials and hardships, change the perspective to a heavenly perspective, a perspective that sees that God is in control and He will work it all out, then it's like the top picture.  The ugly bridge is still there, but the perspective has adorned it in such a way that it brings glory to God and encourages all those who you come in contact with.

I don't know about you, but this is a challenge for me.  I tend to have a melancholy outlook when things aren't going well.  I pray that I will do better in this area.  

"And we know that all things work together for good to those that love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."  Romans 8:28

No comments: