Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Prepping for Sarah’s Move to North Carolina 11/28/2017

One month from today Sarah and I will be on the road making our way across the continent to North Carolina.  When I first heard that she had been offered a job and accepted it that far from home, my heart sank to my toes.  I had prayed and prayed that God would give her a job close to home, less than 10 hrs drive from us if possible.  But God had other plans and gave her a job 45 hours away from home instead.  I was sad and worried for how Sarah would do moving so far away from home the first time she would be living on her own.  All the usual fears went through my head and filled my heart.

She had looked at other jobs closer by, and I worried about her moving to a place where she knew no one and had non-Christian bosses and coworkers.  But none of those were offered to her anyway.  I was thrilled when she had an interview for a job that was based out of Salt Lake but she would work from home.  I really thought she would get it.  But alas, that one fell through too.

So here she is, preparing for a huge move across country where she will live by herself for the first time.  As mentioned above, it worried me greatly.  But I had to put my faith in God that He would work the details out and it would be good.  The more I learn about the place and the people, the more encouraged I am for her and the more peace I have about her moving away.

She is going to a place that has a very low crime rate.  It's about the size of Lewiston/Clarkston.  Her bosses and coworkers are Christians.  She will be working for a Christian homeschool curriculum company called Classical Conversations.  She has already had contact with one of her coworkers who is about her age.  This girl has many of the same hobby interests that Sarah has and it seems like they might get along well.  

Sarah is still trying to secure an apartment.  She is hoping to get one that is furnished and is filling out the application for it currently.  Please pray for God's will in this.  This apartment is about 15 minutes from her job site.

Sarah is a bit overwhelmed with packing since she is limited by the size of her vehicle.  Oh, what to take and what to leave behind!?  Decisions, decisions!

I took on the task of figuring out the travel route and securing accommodations along the way.  We will be on the road for 7 days, maybe 8 depending on how tired we are on New Year's Day. We'll stop for a night in Denver to stay with a childhood friend of mine and his wife overnight. We plan to take The Journey to the Top of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, MO and we want to stop and enjoy the Opryland Hotel lobby, which has a small river with boats people can ride running through it and live plants and trees everywhere. 

I am not looking forward to the long days of riding in the car and I pray for clear roads and little snow.  Pray with us that God will clear a path for us and that we will get safety to our destination.

Sarah will have to train her replacement at the library soon.  She has worked there for 11 years.  She is afraid she might cry when she has to train her replacement and say good-bye to her library coworkers.  They do not want her to leave.  She has done so much for them over the years.

So, December is almost upon us.  Sarah & Nathaniel normally put up a large tree and Sarah decorates it.  Because I've been saving moving boxes, they and other items have gotten stacked up in front of the tree box and none of us feel like digging it out. So this year we are going to use the little tree we have had for years collecting dust in the upstairs hallway.  I got it out and vacuumed it and added some colored lights to it.  Sarah says she will work on decorations later.

I hope to post updates throughout the preparation and the trip to North Carolina.  Stay tuned!  The other updates will be shorter, I hope.


--
Join My Weekly Devotional List
mliddings@gmail.com

Bridal Shower Devotional Talk Resource eBook
http://middings.blogspot.com/p/bridal-shower-devotional-resource-book.html

No comments: