Thursday, September 07, 2017

Supplement #1 of My Top Two

What if you were stranded on a remote island and you could only have two supplements with you?  What two supplements would you want to be with you?
The supplements I would want on that remote island would be Curcumin and Timed Release Magnesium.  I'll tell you about Curcumin in this post and Jigsaw Magnesium in the next post.

Curcumin

Curcumin has saved me from a world of pain.  I first discovered Curcumin after I had a year of tendinitis pain in both elbows.  The pain was debilitating. I couldn't even pick up a pan off the stove and carry it to the table without excruciating pain.  I tried physical therapy.  It didn't help.  I tried soaking my elbows in Epsom salts. It didn't help.  I took pain relievers.  It gave temporary relief, but ultimately did nothing for the long term and came with the dangers of side effects.  I finally got steroid shots in both elbows.  That was a nightmare and I refuse ever to have steroid shots again.  I knew the minute I walked out of the doctor's office I was in trouble.  I began to feel strange in the head and extremely emotional.  For three weeks I ran a low grade fever, felt like I had a case of the flu and felt extremely anxious and irritable.  The pain was gone for those three weeks, but the side effects were not worth it.  Once the side effects let up, the pain was back.  The next step that was suggested was surgery.  To do what, I still don't know for sure.  But it was suggested.  

One day my neighbor came by and asked me why I was wearing braces on both arms and I explained.  She told me about how she was scheduled for surgery on her knee, but started taking a supplement called Curcumin that took away her pain and allowed her to cancel her surgery date!  I was desperate for relief, so I bought a bottle of the miracle stuff.  I decided to take it for two months and decide if it was worth it or not.  At first I didn't notice any difference, but I pushed on with it.  One day about eight weeks later, it suddenly dawned on me that I was doing things could not do before and that my arms rarely hurt anymore.  I continued to take the Curcumin and months later I began to notice that my chronic neck pain was improving.  I had gone to physical therapy for years due to chronic neck pain from three previous whip lashes.  I noticed that at one particular intersection where I have to turn my head quite far to the left to see traffic, it was pain free.  My range of motion had returned.  I was able to quit going to physical therapy.

I began to read up on all the benefits of Curcumin and found that not only does it relieve inflammation, it is good for the brain and it has cancer prevention properties.  I decided to keep taking it on a daily basis.  When I do too much in the yard and know that I will be sore for having done it, I just take extra Curcumin right away and often I don't get sore at all, or if I do, it's much less than I otherwise would be.

I would not want to be without my Curcumin.


No comments: