Sunday, April 02, 2017

April 2, 2017. 3:00pm

Sunday here.  This morning I overslept.  I was trying out a new alarm clock that lights up the room with a soft light half an hour before the alarm and it gradually gets brighter until the alarm goes off.  I thought I had it set correctly.  Well, I woke up at 4:30 am to use the bathroom.  Went back to bed and was almost asleep when the light came on.  I turned it off.  Was almost asleep again and the radio come on.  I was frustrated and not thinking straight so I put the clock out in the basement.  Was just dozing off again when the radio blaring on at high volume.  By this time I was considering a sledgehammer as an option.  I got up and shut it off.  Went back to bed and then woke up too late to make it to first hour of church.

Last night as I was preparing for bed, I went to pull the back of my shirt down and my left rotator cuff gave way sending sharp pain down my left arm.  It has bothered me off and on since when I do certain things.  This doesn't thrill me.  I escaped the surgeon's knife last year on that shoulder with physical therapy and exercises.

My right knee has been giving me trouble too.  Night before last, I turned wrong in bed and send a pain through my knee.  It has bothered me off and on with certain movements yesterday and today.  I think I am falling apart!

Well, I will start the stretches and the exercise for my shoulder again, and see if I can improve my situation without medical intervention.  As for my knee, I will keep an eye on that.  I don't have problems on stairs for which I am thankful, since we have stairs here.  I do have a knee brace and will use it if necessary.

I love this time of year!  Everything is green!  The trees are blooming.  Spring is my favorite time of year because our valley just burts with a symphony of color and birds singing.

So maybe my day didn't quite start off on the right foot, I did make it to second service and I did come away with encouragement from the sermon.

This is going to be a good week regardless of the rough start!

No comments: