Saturday, April 01, 2017

April 1, 2017 4:22pm

I was wide awake again at 4:30 am this morning.  I rolled around in bed until around 6 am and then fell back to sleep until 7:45 am.  It kind of takes the starch out of me when I do that.  I'm never quite sure what I should do.  I have taken sleep aids in the past, but those have the unwanted side effect of nosebleeds.  So I quit taking them.

I don't know if I should just get up when I wake up at 4:30 am and stay up and putter around and start on my day and then go back to bed when I'm too tired to pop or what.  I have been falling back to sleep around 6 am, but then I feel wiped out the rest of the day and sometimes have headaches as a result.  It's frustrating.

At any rate, in spite of my exhaustion today, I have accomplished a few things that I wanted to do today.  I spent a while outside, planting my pansies and transplanting some succulents from one place where they were misbehaving to other places where I hope they will thrive.




I also helped Nathaniel get his taxes done for the first time ever.  We used TurboTax free.  Next year, I guess we will have to pay.

Rick and I watched the fourth installment of The History of the United States by Oliver Stone.  It's very depressing but very informative.  There is nothing new under the sun.  We have not learned from history and we are repeating it.  It is very sad to realize this, but it is true.  I am shocked at the all of the atrocities our government has done to other countries and spin they have used to justify it.

My devotions this morning was in Luke 3:8-9  where John the Baptist says that every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and cast into the fire.  Pretty serious words there.  I'll write a devotional on that soon.

It's been a cool Saturday, a good day for being lazy, however, I am happy that I got things done today anyway.  It's far too easy to be lazy.

No comments: