Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Healthy Tea for Your Body and Mind



This morning I was thinking about my morning tea ritual.  Each morning I make two teas to promote good health.  I'd like to share them with you.

Green Tea with coconut oil  is my favorite tea.  I drink about 15 oz of green tea every morning.  Green tea seems to clear my mind of those pesky morning cobwebs and gets me started on my day right.  I couple it with my Bible reading.  It's the perfect combination for a good start on the day.

Green tea has a lot of benefits. WebMD lists the following:
  • improve blood flow and lower cholesterol
  • prevent a range of heart-related issues, from high blood pressure to congestive heart failure
  • good for the brain...greater activity in the working-memory area of their brains. Green tea has also been shown to help block the formation of plaques that are linked to Alzheimer's disease.
  • seems to help keep blood sugar stable
  • help protect against the damage a high-fat diet can cause
  • aid healthy cells in all stages of growth
  • There are some clues that green tea may help destroy cancer cells.
  • green tea can provide a calming effect
Coconut Oil in my green tea is wonderful.  It tastes great and moisturizes my lips at the same time.  There are other benefits of coconut oil  too.  
  • resistance to both viruses and bacteria
  • help to fight off yeast, fungus and candida.
  • positively affect our hormones for thyroid and blood-sugar control
  • help improve insulin use within the body
  • increase metabolism, energy and endurance
  • increases digestion
  • helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins
Pau d' Arco/Ojibwa/Lemon Tea is a combination of two teas & lemon juice.  I will list the benefits of each component separately.

Pau d' Arco Tea is claimed to strengthen the body's immune system and helps the following:
Ojibwa Tea has the same ingredients as Essiac Tea, which is famed for helping people with cancer.

From Vitanet.com, I quote the following: Drinking this tea regularly detoxifies the body, thereby strengthening the immune system. It can be used as part of the treatment for the following diseases:
  • Multiple sclerosis
  • Arthritis
  • Chronic fatigue
  • Parkinson’s disease
  • Hypoglycemia
Other Health Benefits of Ojibwa Tea
  • Repairs cellular damage from an illness
  • Prevents toxins from getting to brain
  • Reduces stiffness and inflammation in the muscles and bones
  • Boosts blood supply, hence improving your immune system
  • Eliminates heavy metal deposits
  • Improves digestion
Lemon Water 

I add the juice of one lemon to the Pau d' Arco/Ojibwa/Lemon Tea combination.  Lemon has some health benefits too. Dr. Axe says these are the health benefits of lemon:
  • Aids in digestion and detoxification
  • Bumps up the vitamin C quotient
  • Rejuvenates skin and heals the body
  • Helps shed pounds
  • Boosts energy and mood
 I use Stevia concentrate to sweeten my teas.  Here are some benefits of Stevia:
  • ability to regulate blood sugar levels in the body
  • relax the blood vessels, increase urination, and facilitate the elimination of sodium from the body
  • reduce bacterial formation in the mouth
  • antioxidant compounds found in stevia make it an ideal dietary supplement for cancer prevention
So, how do I make my teas, you ask?  I will tell you!

Green tea doesn't like boiling water.  It ruins the taste and makes it bitter.  I use a hot pot that swirls the water as it heats but does not boil it.  It makes the water nice and hot but not enough to turn the green tea bitter.  You could achieve the same results by boiling your water and then letting it sit for about 20 minutes or you could heat the water in a microwave just long enough to make it hot but not boil.  Many like to steep the tea bag for about 5 minutes and remove it.  I personally like to leave the tea bag in my cup the whole time. However you choose to do your water, just don't put boiling water over your green tea.

Before I add my water to my cup, I put in the tea bag, the stevia (follow directions carefully on whatever form of stevia you use as too much doesn't taste good) and add a teaspoon of coconut oil.  I use a 16 oz mug.  Enjoy!

Pau d' Arco/Ojibwa/Lemon Tea is a little more complicated to make than my green tea.  I use a 32 oz glass tea pot.  I have a large tea strainer that fits in the top of it.  
I bought the tea strainer from Amazon.  The pot was given to me as a gift and was bought locally. I use boiling water for this tea.  I start the water and while I wait for it to boil, I add one Ojibwa tea bag (sometimes I use two) to the pot.  I also add four scoops of Stevia white concentrate.  Then I cut an organic lemon in half and juice it into a jar with a small strainer to catch the seeds and pulp. Then I put three to four fingers full of  Pau d' Arco bark in the tea strainer. 

I pour the boiling water over the bark and then add the lemon juice to the pot.  I let that steep for 20 minutes.  If you want stronger tea with stronger health benefits, it's recommended to gently boil the bark for 20 minutes, however, the other method works fine for me.  

I try to drink one 16 oz mug of Green Tea and the entire tea pot of Pau d' Arco/Ojibwa/Lemon Tea tea every day. 

So there you have it!  Two teas packed with health benefits for you to try! Drink to your health!

No comments: