Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Things I Love:Echo Dot

  I was given an Echo Dot for Christmas.  I doubt that I am utilizing it for all it can do, but I am enjoying this little device.  I use it for my alarm clock each day.  At night I let it read my Kindle book to me. I enjoy the daily briefing where I get the weather report and the news headlines for the day.  I can even add events to my google calendar just by telling it what to add.

I am able to  tell it to read whole chapters from the Bible for me. Our pastor recently started preaching through Luke, so I have it read the chapter he is in on Sundays each day of the week.

Features I don't use much because I already had other ways of doing them, are the reminder feature where you can ask Alexa to add something to your reminder list in the Alexa app and you can ask Alexa to add things to your shopping list within the Alexa app.  I understand you can even tell Alexa to order stuff for you from Amazon.  I am not comfortable with that feature, so I don't use it.

It's a fun little device to play with, but it does take a small learning curve to get it to do what you want it to do all the time.  Go ahead and give it a try.  Amazon is good at taking returns, so if you don't like it you are not stuck.

No comments: