Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Comfort for Those Bereaved of Husband and Father


I sat down to drink something after a brisk walk with the dogs and suddenly out of the blue the phrase "a father to the fatherless" popped into my mind.
  Yes, I may be an adult on my own with a family of my own, but the loss of my dad still has a profound effect on me and I am sure it does on others who have lost their fathers no matter their age.  
I got tears in my eyes thinking about the fact that I may no longer have an earthly father but God is my father and I can find comfort in Him.  I just felt like God was wrapping His arms around me at that moment when I realized this.  I will always miss my earthly father, but I will never be truly fatherless.
Psalm 68:4  Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jah, and rejoice before him.A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.
For those who have lost their husbands, God is a husband to them.  What comfort to know that we are never truly alone no matter what happens in our lives!

Isaiah 54:5For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

No comments: