Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Children Often Resemble Their Parents



“Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.”
1 John 3:2

Children often resemble their parents. I get comments all the time that I look like my mom or I look like my dad.  

Those whom God has saved are called children of God.  No one has seen God at any time, but this verse says we will be like him when He appears and we will see Him as He is.  We as God's children will resemble our Father.  What will that look like?  

The next verse says everyone who has this hope purifies himself, just as He is pure.  We know that much.  We also know that we have work to do in preparation for that day.

No comments: