Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Take Home Lesson from My Bible Reading...."Pay Attention!"


I woke up at 6am.  Not bad considering I usually wake up at 4:30am.  You would think since I got more sleep and didn't wake in the night that I would be ready to nail this day.  But no,  I have a headache and just feel wiped out.  Strange how that works or doesn't work as the case may be.  Well, one never knows what a day may bring forth.  I guess it's all to keep us humble before God.

Last night I went to the library's Adult Coloring Night.That was really fun and relaxing to just get out of the house for the evening and do something somewhat mindless.  I hope they plan another coloring night. It's so important to get away from things and just enjoy something fun and creative.

Today I'm thinking and praying for my parents and my sister and her husband as they go to Spokane for my dad to have a medical procedure.  Praying it goes well and as planned and that the results will be good for him.

My Bible reading this morning continues in 2 Peter 1.  See the photos below of the verses I wrote out and my thoughts on those.  I wish had discovered Journibles ages ago, or at least the concept.  I love it.  

The stand out point from my devotions to day is "Pay Attention."  Peter remembers back to when he was on the Mount of Transfiguration with Jesus and a couple others.  It's in Matthew 17.  Peter was running at the mouth like he usually did when God the Father suddenly descended in a cloud and reprimanded Peter with, "This is My Beloved Son, hear Him!"  Peter must have listened because if he didn't I doubt we'd have the books of 1 & 2 Peter.  I need to remember to pay attention to what God is telling me through His Word, the Bible.



No comments: