Monday, January 23, 2017

Devotional: Watch, Stand, Be Brave, Love



Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love. (I Corinthians 16:13-14 NKJV)

Paul is closing his first epistle to the Corinthians. He encourages them to

Watch
Stand fast in the faith
Be brave
Be strong
Do everything with love

It seems this is good advice in these days when so many have lost their heads over the election of Donald Trump.  We are seeing much violence and many nasty things in the wake of this election and inaugeration.  So what should be our stance in all of this?

Just what the Apostle Paul said above.  Watch.  Stand fast in the faith. Be brave. Be strong. Do everything with love.

That last one is the difficult one.  When I see posts on Facebook, I want to respond with my two cents worth...and I have at times.  I need to take a good hard look at what it is I want to say if I think I want to post my two cents.  It is it really necessary?  Am I doing it with love or am I doing it because I just want to say some thing?  I must confess it has been more the latter than the former. Do I even need to involve myself in this conversation?  

I'm thinking that I need to watch more than I speak or post, stay fervent in God's word to strengthen my faith, be brave and strong for the days ahead while tempering my actions and reactions with love.  Will it be easy?  No.  My flesh wants to spew out  it's two cents worth.  May God help me and you to temper our words and actions with love in these days of anger charged rhetoric.



No comments: