Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Marsha's Musings: God is Light (1 John 1:5 KJV)



This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. (1 John 1:5 KJV)

Do you ever wonder why some people get so angry over the mere mention of God's name?  It's because God is light and He exposes the darkness of men's hearts. They want nothing to do with the Light of God's truth. Light always exposes darkness (sin). That makes some people angry. They don't want to be found guilty of sin.

We as Christians, sometimes have pet sins and we get very uncomfortable when the Light of God's Word exposes it.  I have seen church members get angry when the pastor touches on a sensitive point in their life.  I've seen these people gather others around them who are also unhappy about their sin being exposed by the Word and actually drive a pastor out of the church and replace him with one who will tickle their itching ears.  

A thought to ponder is this: Do I have sin in my life that I would prefer to remain unexposed by the Light of God's Word? What am I willing to do about it?

No comments: