Friday, July 25, 2014

Marsha's Musings: The Wisdom from Above (James 3:17-18 NKJV)

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. (James 3:17-18 NKJV)

What a contrast to the last few verses I looked at!  Wouldn't it be great if all Christians lived according to this? This includes me too! I need to hear this as much as anyone! If I would stop and think about how what I say or do lines up with these qualities, I would know whether my wisdom is from above or elsewhere.

Ask is what I am going to say or do....
pure?
peaceable?
gentle?
willing to yield?
full of mercy?
full of good fruits
without partiality?
without hypocrisy?

No comments: