Saturday, July 12, 2014

Book Review: The Wounded Spirit

Have you ever been the brunt of jokes, felt like you didn't fit in the group or just felt that somehow you were different than the rest?  I have, and Frank Perretti has too.  This is the story of his painful childhood of not fitting in and being bullied by the others. I identified with his story. I she'd tears as I read it because I know the pain that he is talking about.

"In Frank Peretti's first nonfiction work, he examines the pain from his past and helps us uncover the scars in our own lives. Drawing from tragic news stories like Columbine, he illustrates how ridicule and rejection can push people beyond the brink. Then, with poignant insight, he shows us the way to heal the wounded spirit that lies within us all."~from the back of the book.

No comments: