Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Marsha's Musings: We Need Endurance (Hebrews 10:36-38 NKJV)

For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise: “For yet a little while, And He who is coming will come and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith; But if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him.” (Hebrews 10:36-38 NKJV)

Endurance.  This something we need for the long haul.  It's interesting to me that in these verses, we have the need for endurance, indicating we need to be prepared for the long haul, yet, further down it says "yet a little while" and "He who is coming will come and will not tarry." So we need to have endurance to wait a little while?

Perhaps this is from two different perspectives.  From the human perspective, it's a long ways off and we need endurance to wait that long.  But from God's perspective it's just a little while and He will not tarry.

Think about it this way.  When I was a child, my parents would plan a family vacation.  To them the time went far too quickly before departure date.  But for me as a child, it was so far in the future I felt like it would never happen!  

Now, I could be all wrong on this perspective idea, so please don't take my word for it.  It just seemed like a possible explanation for the endurance/little while statements here.

At any rate, we will need endurance as we wait for the return of Christ or for when He chooses to take us home.  Our world is getting more and more hostile to Christians and true Biblical teaching.


No comments: