Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Marsha's Musings: No Longer an Offering for Sin (Hebrews 10:15-18 NKJV)

But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before, “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord : I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin. (Hebrews 10:15-18 NKJV)

A prophecy come true.  All men know in their hearts that it is wrong to kill another human.  All men know in their hearts that it is wrong to steal, lie and commit adultry.  All men know in their hearts that it is wrong to take God's name in vain.  This is truth.

The wonderful news is that Christ died and shed His blood for His people and God will not remember our sins any more against us.  There is no longer any need for ritual to gain merit with God and forgivenss of sins.  Jesus took care of all of that on the cross.  What wonderful news this is and what peace it brings to my soul!

No comments: