Thursday, February 20, 2014

Marsha's Musings: Jesus Can Sympathize with Me (Hebrews 2:12-15 ESV)

saying, “I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise.” And again, “I will put my trust in him.” And again, “Behold, I and the children God has given me.” Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery. (Hebrews 2:12-15 ESV)

Jesus is able to sympathize with me because he partook of the same things when he was here in a body of flesh and blood.

Jesus delivers us from the fear of death.  I have to say, though, while I am not afraid to die, I am not excited to go through the process of dying.  That does have me bugged because I do fear pain and suffering.

No comments: