Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Marsha's Musings: If You Hear His Voice, Do Not Harden Your Heart (Hebrews 3:7-12 ESV)

Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says, “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, on the day of testing in the wilderness, where your fathers put me to the test and saw my works for forty years. Therefore I was provoked with that generation, and said, ‘They always go astray in their heart; they have not known my ways.’ As I swore in my wrath, ‘They shall not enter my rest.’” Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. (Hebrews 3:7-12 ESV)

Today I was reading a bunch of news articles on Facebook about some of the things the UN has planned for us.  I've been seeing other articles about how churches are departing from the truth.  I've also been seeing stuff about how our President has been telling his supporters they are doing God's work.

Then I compare all this to where our nation started, founded on the Word of God.

I believe we are at the crossroads in this passage of Scripture.  Will we listen to the voice of God? Will we harden our hearts as a nation and continue to fall away from our founding Christian roots?  Will we continue to provoke the living God?  Are we going to bow to the forces of evil that are at work in our nation and in the UN?  

These are critical questions.  Those of us who refuse to compromise our Biblical standards and beliefs will soon be in the crosshairs of our own government and soon the UN.  It's time to put on our spiritual armor and stand fast. Let's not have an evil, unbelieving, hardened heart that falls away from the living God.

No comments: